Welcome to Briyan Frederick’s MusicianJournal.com, a dedicated blog and vlog platform that celebrates the sheer joy of creating, recording, and sharing music. It’s for artists and fans alike. I am probably best known as Bryan Baker, the publisher of GAJOOB, which began as a print zine in mid-1980s. GAJOOB’s focus was primarily on independent music and artists with a love for DiY home studio creativity.
Bryan Baker to Briyan Frederick
The switch to Briyan Frederick is a funny story. You’ll understand if your name is Bryan. We constantly have to correct the spelling from Brian to Bryan. So much so that we kinda resent all Brians.
Well, I discovered my name was legally Brian when I brought my birth certificate to get a driver’s license when I was fifteen. However, I was Bryan in church records. And my parents said the nurse made a mistake — I was supposed to be a Bryan. So I kept using Bryan. For fifty years.
For the last ten or so I’ve been flying to different parts of the country and post-911 the TSA has forced me to fly as Brian and it’s been coming up more often as more places actually look at an ID. So I started toying with changing my name, but if I was going to change it why not change it?
So Briyan is both names which is more accurate, right? And Frederick is a whole other story.
My parents also just gave me a middle initial of F which was also a repeated source of correction and debate over the years. The F is for my father’s father, Frederick. The parents never really explained why they only gave me an initial. Only one of my four brothers got the same sentence. I figured it was time to correct it at age sixty.
What is Briyan Frederick’s MusicianJournal.com?
Briyan Frederick, a passionate musician himself, founded MusicianJournal.com with the aim of inspiring others to embrace the exciting world of music-making. His blog and vlog feature a diverse range of content, including:
- Music Creation: Follow Briyan as he shares his creative process, from writing catchy tunes (and not so-catchy, quite experimental ones) to recording them using various instruments and software.
- Collaboration Stories: Discover how Briyan teams up with fellow musicians, both local and international, to create unique and exciting tracks that showcase their combined talents.
- Tutorials and Tips: Learn from Briyan’s experiences and expertise as he offers valuable advice on songwriting, recording techniques, and music production.
- Behind-the-Scenes: Get a glimpse into the life of an independent musician, with insights into Briyan’s personal journey and his passion for music.
- Community Showcase: Celebrate the talent within the Musician Journal community, as Briyan features guest musicians and highlights their work on his blog and vlog.
Why Follow Briyan Frederick’s MusicianJournal.com?
Whether you’re a seasoned musician or just starting your musical journey, Briyan Frederick’s MusicianJournal.com offers a wealth of knowledge, inspiration, and entertainment. Here’s why you should follow this engaging blog and vlog:
- Relatable Content: Briyan’s down-to-earth approach and genuine love for music make his content relatable and enjoyable for musicians of all levels.
- Collaborative Opportunities: Connect with like-minded musicians who share your passion for fun and creativity, and explore potential collaborations that could enhance your musical journey.
- Practical Advice: Benefit from Briyan’s hands-on tips and tutorials, which cover a range of topics from songwriting to recording and production techniques.
- Inspiration: Be inspired by Briyan’s collaborative projects and the diverse range of talent within the MusicianForFun community.
- Fun and Entertainment: Above all, enjoy the entertaining and lighthearted content that captures the essence of making music for fun.
So, join Briyan Frederick and the MusicianJournal.com community as they celebrate the joy of creating, sharing, and collaborating on music. Follow the blog and vlog today and immerse yourself in a world filled with laughter, creativity, and the pure pleasure of making music with friends.